—— Registration Open until Thursday 16th of February —–
The annual Opencast conference will be hosted from 1st to 3rd of March, 2017 at Universitat Politècnica de València.
The Opencast community is an international collaboration of individuals, higher education institutions and organizations working together to develop, define and document best practices for the management of audiovisual content in academia.
While the focus of the event will be on Opencast, the community seeks participation from related domains and projects, too. The event will therefore allow participants to share expertise and experience across the field of academic video and explore opportunities to collaborate in related projects. So if you are an Opencast user, developer, adopter, considering or involved in the use of lecture capture this is a must-attend event – and an interesting opportunity for anyone else involved in academic video management.
The conference will feature two tracks: A presentations track and a unconference track.
Presentations track: Related to the experience and use of video, the main topics are:
- Experience in using Opencast for lecture capture / video management
- Further developments of Opencast
- Technical solutions to support the use of educational media at your institution
- Best practises for the use of educational media at your institution
- Studies on the usage of educational media (teaching/learning, learning analytics etc.)
- Strategies to optimize management support for services related to academic video
Unconference track: Devoted to unconference-style meetings with a focus on technical details, likely to see developers, system administrators and those interested in issues related to these. Sample topics of this track are
- Opencast Capture API
- Opencast Authorization (Roles, LTI) etc.
- Other (that is the beauty of an unconference)
If you are interested in attending the Opencast Conference 2017 in Valencia, please register now.